Congratulations on your engagement and
We hope to accommodate you and your loved ones at our beautiful church.
Christ Lutheran Church wishes to extend our congratulations and ask God’s blessings upon your upcoming wedding. We welcome all people who find these spaces meaningful and who are willing to respect their spiritual importance and integrity.
Who We Are
We are pleased that you are considering Christ Lutheran Church (CLC) for your wedding ceremony. A wedding service is a couple’s declaration before God and the community of faith that they are committed to each other and seeking God’s blessing of their union.
You will find that Christ Lutheran Church (CLC) is indeed a hidden gem! Our beautiful church is conveniently located at 5101 16th Street NW Washington, DC 20011 in the heart of the “16th Street Heights” neighborhood of DC, and is diagonally across from Carter Barron Amphitheater, Rock Creek Park, and in the middle of a quiet residential neighborhood.
You will find that our remarkable historical building, sanctuary and chapel have exceptional architecture, amazing acoustics and compelling charm. The wonderful center aisle offers generous amounts of space and our gorgeous stained glass adds a nice ambiance. Our magnificent Von Beckerath Organ can accommodate a wide range of musical styles from grand and majestic, to intimate and elegant. Allow our beautiful church to help make your day memorable!
Key Wedding Policies
Who may be married?
CLC welcomes all couples — and our welcome joyfully includes LGBTQ+ couples
When can wedding ceremonies be held?
Weddings can be held within either our sanctuary or chapel on the following schedule:
– Saturday 10:00am – 7:00pm
– Friday between 10:00am – 9:00pm
– Monday-Thursday, as available
Fees & Deposit
Parties may reserve our church for a wedding event for a fee of $1,500. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due to reserve a date and time for your ceremony.
Wedding ceremonies at Christ Lutheran Church may include the following:
- Wedding Facilitator to serve as single point of contact for scheduling and on-site logistics
- Sanctuary ceremony capacity of 250
- Chapel ceremony capacity of 30
- 1.5 hours of ceremony rehearsal reservation
- 2 rooms for dressing/preparation
- 2 complimentary, off-street parking spots (more for a fee)
- Sound System: Microphones (3 wireless, 2 fixed microphones at pulpit and lectern)
- Steinway piano and Von Beckerath Organ
- Organist available, along with additional musicians/special music and musical arrangements tailored to your ceremony (extra fee)